AmigaActive (1506/2143)

From:Andy Wanless
Date:23 May 2000 at 02:41:27
Subject:Re: AA issue 9

On Tue, 23 May 2000, Andrew Korn wrote:

> Anyone else got any comments?

Ok....

Page 54? Good, 'cos it's got Bluey.

Page 35? Good, 'cos it's got my name on. Twice ;)

Pages 20-22? Bad. (A) Pie charts (don't ask), (B) Pie charts in black and
white so you can't quite tell which slices of pie are which.

Plus some predictable MS-bashing, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. ;)

And the front cover isn't quite as eye-catching as some of them have been.

Now, this all probably sounds a bit harsh, but there's some good stuff in
there. Going to have to investigate the ppm stuff a bit more (thanks Neil,
never really knew what all those commands on my linux box did), and the
devbox is looking quite interesting now. (The Tao Java machine is sounding
very nice. What do you think of the Espial browser btw? How does it
compare running under the Tao JVM against the normal Linux JVM?)

So, erm, as good as ever, but the contents aren't quite as interesting to
me personally as some other issues. And my copy got slightly bent in a
strange way that made it hard to read.

Find long lost high school friends: